I’m not saying that I don’t feel like being with someone or that I haven’t felt attracted to any girl during this period.
All that being said, I feel content about being single. Seriously. I even enjoy it. (I’ll write about it in the future)
However, I can’t listen to love songs anymore.
I used to listen all day long Boyz 2 men, Usher, John Legend, Justin Timberlake… At some point, they even inspired me. And this type of music is still pretty entertaining to me.
Today, I only listen to worship songs because it suits better to my current state of mind. It helps me be more connected with God. It’s my way to express what I feel.
I realized that listening love music has a huge impact on one’s mind. Maybe even more on single guys like me.
In my opinion, love songs is a way the world is teaching us that
- you should have a girlfriend/boyfriend or you’re just a loser
- you should be attractive by being sexy, wearing fashion clothes, having a great haircut, body building
- cheating or being cheated is not a big deal. Just cry a river and go to fish one of the plenty fish in the sea
- flirting, hooking up with as many girls as possible make you a real man (how cool is it to have a summer love every year…)
- romance is all about walking hand in hand on a beach, singing love songs, giving flowers… (what about responsability ? loyalty ?)
I’m definitely not saying that people who listen to love songs are ungodly. I, myself, still watch romantic movies and it’s not better.
I just want to warn people of the danger of this world’s entertainment. The impact it can have on our lives can be much worse than we think.
What do you think ?